Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blog #20 8/18/10 Don't pay the Ransom!

Dear family and friends:
"Don't pay the ransom! They let me go!!" was what one of my dear friends would always hollar as he came through the door when he was late for the meeting.

And I'm free now, too! They let me free from the hospital shortly after noon today, and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry with joy! Despite the stiffling heat, freedom is great; and all autos, houses, children at play, restaurants, birds flying, people strolling, etc. etc. have a new color and interest about them.

We return to the doctor's clinic tomorrow to learn further details about meds, limitations, and activities. In about two weeks I will have to do another bone marrow biopsy to see how those new little stem cells are regenerating, and then about a month and a half after that, I do the whole restaging process (another bone marrow biopsy, x-rays, MRIs, blood work, pulmonay, etc,). No rest for the wicked.

We got home, ate lunch, took naps, and then it was outside on a stool as Amy took the clippers to my thining topknot. Whether it was because I was in a bright red tee shirt, or because of the indignity of it all, a bright red cardinal sat right above her and crticized the whole operation. Maybe he was just making dibbs on the tufts of hair lying about. So now I'm shorn.

We took a short walk, and looked up to see a wonderful rainbow in the sky - a wonderful sign of promise and hope.

Don't pay the ransom...it's already been paid by God's Son Jesus. I am free! And have been for a long time! Alleluia!

As ever in Christ,
Dick

2 comments:

  1. To God be the Glory. We are heartened that you have done and are doing so well. Joe and Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Grant - what tears of joy I weep. I thank The Lord for this and for all He gives. Carol

    ReplyDelete