Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blog #5 - July 22, 2010 The Central Line

Dear family and friends:
Now we're really in this for keeps! Now they've messed with my body in a serious way, for sure! Now I've got this "thingy" hanging out of my chest, and it's danged uncomfortable! Further more it's going to make many things inconvenient if not impossible.
On the "off the list of things I can do" is much activity involving my arms...like golf , swimming, swatting at flies, etc. Also, taking a shower is out! I have to keep the area clean and dry, so it's tub baths or wash rags or stinkin'! Since going outside at this time of year involves persperation, I reckon I'm also sorta housebound, too. Mutter, mutter.
Then there's the whole process of trying to sleep with this contraption and the potential of rolling over on that side - that's going to startle me wide awake, cause this thing hurts a bit.
But listen to me crabbing, in the middle of a medical miracle! Just a few years ago, I'd have been on the other side of the turf, nine years after diagnosis with bone cancer. Forgive me Lord!
But even so, Lord, I'd like to get a little better accustomed to this, please! And, next week, when they go to spinning off my stem cells, please let there be only cancer free stem cells collected, and re-introduced into my body on Aug 5th. And all to your praise and glory! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I agree what a medical miracle you are in the midst of and this technolgy is surely a blessing from God. I can imagine you are very uncomfortable with the Central line and the challanges that come with keeping it clean and dry, but stand in faith my brother. He who has begun a work in you will bring it to completion. He will not leave you or forsake you. He is upholding right now with his mighty right hand. Enjoy the sustaining presence of Yahweh, the almighty God right now, who has his arms of love and comfort around you. Let Him love you with His sustaining grace. Claim the promise of God that he may give you rest: Matt: 11:28 - Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

    I am praying for you and will ask my Sabbath school class to pray for you as well, as you go through the cleansing and the reintroducing of your stem cells.

    Here's a wonderful portion of a wonderful Psalm that speaks to our hearts when faced with great challenges. It is also beautiful when sung:
    Psalm 27: 3 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
    14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

    God Bless You
    Chaplain Ron Perez

    ReplyDelete